- N-CAL Kit
- Use - Critical Acute Phase Biomarker
- Calibrated - WHO 1st International Standard
- Time to Answer - 2.5 Hours
- Sample - Serum and Plasma
- Samples/Kit - 40 or 232 in Duplicate
- Stability - Liquid 4˚C Stable Reagents
C-Reactive Protein (CRP) is a ring-shaped, pentameric serum protein produced by the liver. As an acute phase inflammation marker released in response to IL-6 signaling by T-cells, macrophages, and adipocytes, CRP levels rise in a wide range of acute and chronic inflammatory conditions. These include infection, inflammatory disease, tissue injury, cardiovascular disease, and malignancy.
CRP assessment, in conjugation with Myeloperoxidase, has been used clinically as an accurate prediction of mortality risk for cardiac patients.
C-Reactive Protein ELISA Kit Standard Curve