- Most Sensitive
- Multi Species
- Sensitive - Measure from 5,000 to 3.9 pg/mL
- Sample - Serum, EDTA or Heparin Plasma, Urine, Fecal Extracts and TCM
- Samples/Kit - 40 or 232 in Duplicate
- Stability - Liquid 4˚C Stable Reagents
- Dual Range - 4,000 to 3.9 or 5,000 to 8.2 pg/mL
The DetectX® Aldosterone Enzyme Immunoassay kit is designed to quantitatively measure Aldosterone present in extracted serum and plasma, or in urine, extracted dried fecal samples, and tissue culture media samples. An aldosterone stock solution is provided to generate a standard curve. Protocols are provided to prepare assay standards from 4,000 to 3.906 pg/mL or from 5,000 to 8.192 pg/mL. Samples are pipetted into a clear microtiter plate coated with an antibody to capture sheep antibodies. An aldosterone-peroxidase conjugate is added to the standards and samples in the wells. The binding reaction is initiated by the addition of a polyclonal antibody to aldosterone to each well. After incubation, the plate is washed and substrate is added. The substrate reacts with the bound aldosterone-peroxidase conjugate. After a short incubation, the reaction is stopped and the intensity of the generated color is detected at 450nm.