Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
- Use Assessment of sexual development disruption; marker of androgen biosynthesis
- Sample Saliva, Urine, Extracted Serum or Plasma
- Time to Answer 2.5 Hours
- Sensitivity 2.3 pg/mL
- Samples/Kit 40 or 232 in Duplicate
- Stability Liquid 4°C Stable Reagents
- Readout Colorimetric, 450 nm
- Standard Curve
Androstenedione is a steroid hormone also known as androst-4-ene-3,17-dione. It is synthesized from dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) or 17-hydroxyprogesterone. By itself, androstenedione is a weak androgen though it is a precursor for biosynthesis of stronger androgens, such as testosterone and estrogens. Therefore, androstenedione is classified as a controlled drug and a supplement to enhance athletic performance and body energy.