Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
- Use Measure AVP in Mammals, Arg-Vasotocin in Birds and Reptiles
- Sample Extracted Serum, Plasma, and Buffers, Tissue Culture Media
- Sensitivity 3.7 pg/mL
- Simple Extraction Solution Included, No C18 Column Purifications
- Samples/Kit 39 or 231 in Duplicate
- Stability Liquid 4°C Stable Reagents
- Readout Colorimetric, 450 nm
- Standard Curve
AVP is released in response to sexual stimulation, uterine dilatation, stress, and dehydration. AVP acts principally on renal collecting tubules to increase water reabsorption. Diabetes insidious, characterized by the inability to appropriately concentrate urine, is mainly caused by decreased AVP production and renal response to AVP. Inappropriate AVP secretion happens in certain situations, particularly in elderly patients, as well as with central nervous system pathology, such as head injury, stroke, or cerebral tumor, or as a side effect of central acting drugs that interfere with hypothalamic regulation. AVP released directly into the brain may play an important role in social behavior, sexual motivation and pair bonding, as well as maternal responses to stress.