- Most Sensitive
- Multi Species
- Use - Measure total protein content in samples
- Sample - Serum, Plasma, Urine, Cell Lysates and Tissue Homogenates
- Samples/Kit - 89 in Duplicate
- Sensitive - Measure as little as 1.7 ug/mL
- Stable - Room temperature
- Whole Kit - Just add Samples and water!
The DetectX® BCA Protein Detection Kit is designed to quantitatively measure total protein content in a variety of samples. The kit provides everything needed to measure protein content of a sample and the assay measures all types of proteins from all species. A bovine serum albumin (BSA) standard is provided to generate a standard curve for the assay and all samples should be read off of the standard curve. Samples are diluted in water and added to the wells. The BCA Color Solution is made by mixing the BCA Reagent with the BCA Enhancer. The BCA Color Solution is added to all wells and the plate incubated at 37°C. Protein in the samples reacts with the BCA Color Reagent to generate a purple colored product which is read at 560 nm.
You may use this online tool from MyAssays to calculate the data: