Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
- Catalog Number K063-H
- Assay Type Competitive ELISA
- Sample Types Saliva, Urine, Extracted Serum, Extracted Plasma, Fecal Extracts, Tissue Culture Media
- Sensitivity 0.120 ng/mL
- Species Epiandrosterone is identical across species
- Assay Duration 2.5 Hours
- Samples/Plate 40 in Duplicate
- Readout Colorimetric, 450 nm
Recent PublicationsView All 1 Publications
Species: Human |Sample: Serum |
The DetectX® Epiandrosterone ELISA Kit quantitatively measures Epiandrosterone in saliva, urine, extracted serum, extracted plasma, fecal extracts, and tissue culture media. This competitive ELISA has a run time of 2.5 hours. Please read the complete kit insert for more information before performing this assay. Use our provided Epiandrosterone standard to generate a standard curve for the assay.
- Place standards or diluted samples into the transparent microtiter plate, provided, coated with goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody.
- Add Epiandrosterone peroxidase conjugate and Epiandrosterone rabbit polyclonal antibody to initiate the immunological reaction.
- Incubate the mixture covered at room temperature with shaking for 2 hours. The reaction varies inversely with the Epiandrosterone concentration in the sample.
- After incubation, wash away the excess conjugate and add the TMB substrate. This substrate reacts with the bound conjugate, producing a measurable signal.
- Use a plate reader to detect the signal at 450nm and calculate the Epiandrosterone concentration based on the standard curve.
Epiandrosterone, a metabolite of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), is primarily produced in peripheral tissues through the action of the enzyme 5α-reductase. This steroid hormone is a weak androgen but plays a significant role in influencing gonadal activity and sexual behavior in males.
Epiandrosterone is known for its ability to inhibit glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), which can lead to alterations in heart contractility and affect the relaxation of the pulmonary artery mediated by nitric oxide (NO). The impact of Epiandrosterone on cardiac functions and its potential role in prostate cancer research have garnered increasing interest among researchers. The ability to accurately measure Epiandrosterone concentrations is crucial for understanding its effects on gonadal function and overall cell metabolism.
The DetectX® Epiandrosterone ELISA Kit is an important tool for endocrinologists and pharmacologists, providing accurate quantification of Epiandrosterone levels in diverse biological samples and aiding in the study of its physiological and pathological roles.