- Catalog Number K039-H
- Assay Type Detection Kit
- Sample Types Serum, Plasma, Urine, Buffers, Tissue Culture Media
- Sensitivity 0.413 mg/dL
- Species Species Independent
- Assay Duration 30 Minutes
- Samples/Plate 40 in duplicate
- Readout Colorimetric, 560 nm
Recent PublicationsView All 6 Publications
Species: Fish |Sample: Plasma |
Comparison of the effects of citrification and slow freezing on the growth and development of offspring using a mouse modelSpecies: Mouse, Rodent |Sample: Serum |
Comparison of the effects of vitrification and slow freezing on the growth and development of offspring using a mouse modelSpecies: Mouse |Sample: Serum |
Oleuropein, a component of extra virgin olive oil, lowers postprandial glycaemia in healthy subjectsSpecies: Human |Sample: Serum |
Endocrine responses and acute mTOR pathway phosphorylation to resistance exercise with leucine and wheySpecies: Human |Sample: Serum |
The DetectX® Glucose Colorimetric Detection Kit quantitatively measures Glucose levels in serum, plasma, urine, buffers, and tissue culture media. This kit has a quick 30-minute run time. Users should thoroughly read the complete kit insert for complete instructions before starting the assay. A Glucose standard is included to facilitate the creation of an accurate standard curve.
- Introduce standards or diluted samples into the provided clear microtiter plate.
- Add Substrate, Horseradish Peroxidase Concentrate, and Glucose Oxidase Concentrate to each well, ensuring proper mixing.
- Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Glucose oxidase reacts with glucose to produce hydrogen peroxide, which then reacts with the substrate in the presence of HRP, creating a pink-colored product.
- After incubation, use a plate reader to detect the colorimetric signal at 560nm. Calculate glucose concentration based on the intensity and the standard curve.
Glucose is a fundamental carbohydrate and primary energy source for cells. As a monosaccharide, aldose, hexose, and reducing sugar, it has a central role in energy metabolism across a wide range of biological systems. Glucose regulation and metabolism are critical to maintaining cellular homeostasis and integrity. Fluctuations in glucose levels can have significant biological implications.
Hypoglycemia, or a severe drop in blood glucose, can lead to metabolic dysfunction, neuroglycopenia, seizures, and even death. Conversely, chronic hyperglycemia, or elevated blood glucose levels, contribute to “glucose toxicity,” which can lead to β-cell dysfunction and various complications commonly associated with diabetes. Moreover, estrogen-induced signaling pathways in neurons involve mitochondria to enhance mitochondrial function, supporting key processes like aerobic glycolysis, citric acid cycle, oxidative phosphorylation, and ATP generation.
The DetectX® Glucose Colorimetric Detection Kit is an essential tool in research and clinical laboratories. It enables the precise quantification of glucose in various sample types, supporting studies in cellular energy metabolism, diabetes research, neurobiology, and other fields where glucose measurement is crucial.