Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
- Sample Types Buffers
- Adaptable Measure SH easily in 8M GuHCl Buffers
- Sensitivity 4.62 nM
- Time to Answer 30 Minutes
- Samples/Kit 39 in Duplicate
- Stability Liquid 4ºC stable reagents
- Readout Fluorescent, 510 nm emission / 370-410 nm excitation
- Standard Curve
Free thiols in biological systems have important roles. Oxidatively-modified thiol groups of cysteine residues are known to modulate the activity of a growing number of proteins. As such, it is important to be able to accurately determine the extent of modification of specific amino acids, such as cysteine residues. This is especially difficult in a complex protein sample, especially in the presence of chaotropic agents such as guanidine hydrochloride. Typical methods using Ellman’s reagent do not have sufficient sensitivity to allow economical detection of free SH groups.