Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
- Assay Range 50 pg/mL to 3200 pg/mL
- Sample Fecal Extracts, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Tissue Culture Media
- Selective No Cross Reactivity to Other Related PGF Metabolites
- Time to Answer 90 Minutes
- Validation Felids and Pandas
- Samples/Kit 39 or 231 in Duplicate
- Stability Liquid 4ºC stable reagents
- Readout Colorimetric, 450 nm
- Standard Curve
Uterine and placental Prostaglandin F2 (PGF2) is involved in the regulation of reproductive and pregnancy-related processes such as embryonic development, initiation of parturition, and resumption of ovarian activity. In domestic ruminants, uterine tissue is a primary source of PGF2 and secretion of uterine PGF2 is a key regulator for the cyclical regression of the corpus luteum. Prostaglandin F2 is metabolized to PGFM (13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF2) during passage through the lungs. PGFM has a longer half-life in peripheral circulation than PGF2 and has been applied as a useful analytical marker of PGF2. PGFM is a useful non-invasive marker of pregnancy when measured in both urine and fecal samples. It has been shown to be a precise, practical method for this application in these matrices. Fecal PGFM analyses may allow pregnancy diagnosis in captive and free-ranging felids as well as pandas and other species.