Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
- Sample Types Extracted Serum, Extracted Plasma, Urine, Tissue CultureMedia, Fecal Extracts
- Species Pregnanediol-3-gulcuronide (PDG) is identical across all species
- Sensitivity 0.180 ng/mL
- Time to Answer 2.5 Hours
- Format 96-Well, Break-Apart Strip
- Samples/Kit 41 or 233 in Duplicate
- Stability Liquid 4ºC Stable Reagents
- Readout Colorimetric, 450 nm
- Standard Curve
Pregnanediol-3-Glucuronide also known as PDG 5β-pregnane-3α,20α-diol 3α-glucuronide; is the major metabolite of progesterone. Progesterone is a hormone involved in the female menstrual cycle, gestation and embryogenesis of humans and other species. Progesterone belongs to a class of hormones called progestogens and is the major naturally occurring human progestogen. Progesterone is an essential regulator of human female reproductive function in the uterus, ovary, mammary gland and brain, and play important roles in the cardiovascular, skeletal, and central nervous systems. Progesterone also has neurotrophic roles in the peripheral nervous system as it activates the growth and maturation of axons and stimulates the repair and replacement of myelin sheaths in regenerating nerve fibres.