Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
Our scientists run thousands of assays in a year, and we’re happy to put our extensive experience to work for you. Everything is customizable depending on your samples, your resources, your needs: pre-assay extractions, sample prep necessary, assay samples and either raw data or completed data analysis in your hands.
When designing our assays we will test the prototypes in an array of different matrices; serum, plasma, urine, saliva, fecal extracts, among others. Our partnership with the International Society for Wildlife Endocrinology and our in-house expertise in devising methods for efficient extraction and solubilization of difficult analytes allow us to help develop methods for analysis of your samples in non-validated matrices.
How to get started with your samples
We need a well-defined idea of what you would like us to do for you.
- Tell us as much as you can about the nature of the experiment you want us to do, the number and types of samples we will be working with, and any knowledge or past experiences you might have relevant to the work at hand. Projects are carried out on a time and materials basis at a reasonable fee set after our discussion. We will provide a proposal for the work.
- You only pay for the Arbor Assays scientist’s time, plus any kits consumed, and special materials or reagents required to complete the work in question.
- We prefer to use our kits for the analysis – this saves us time and you money. As all Arbor Assays kits are researched, developed, validated, manufactured and QC’d in-house we know everything about their performance.
- If another company’s kit is required for analysis, we can work with that too.
- To initiate the project, a 50% deposit is needed to get started.
- Once we have your samples and the reagents:
- To determine the best dilutions to run samples, we test a few with a dilution series.
- The assay data is evaluated with a software program designed to give 4PLC fitting analysis and the resulting sample measurements.
- The data is critically reviewed (much like when we look at our own data) for replicate precision and placement on the standard curve. Any samples with values outside of the standard range or with replicate precision not falling within the predefined range would be repeated.
- All experimental data is recorded and saved.
- When sample testing is complete, a report is generated outlining sample handling and the testing process and results are attached, in raw form and/or as a summary.
- Discussion and any additional information needed can be provided.
- Final payment is only due once you’ve received your results.
Would you like to get started? Let’s start a conversation!
- How many samples do you anticipate having and their matrix?
- Will these be collected all at once or over a period of time? If they are collected over time, what are those time intervals?
- How are the samples collected and stored?
- If there is an extraction what protocol is to be used and who is carrying out the protocol?
- Are the samples analyzed in a single assay or multiple assays?
- Are the samples to be saved or discarded?
- Will limits for reproducibility be set by you or shall we use ours? We will normally repeat any samples above or below the standard curve range or where the replicates fall outside preset determinants.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our input on your project or submit the form below.
Learn more about our other services:
CUSTOM ASSAY DEVELOPMENT
ASSAY CONSULTING SERVICES
RARE REAGENT GENERATION