- Catalog Number K069-H
- Assay Type Sandwich ELISA
- Sample Types Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity 0.616 ng/mL
- Species Human
- Assay Duration 2.5 Hours
- Samples/Plate 40 in Duplicate
- Readout Colorimetric, 450 nm
Recent PublicationsView All 1 Publications
Species: Rat |Sample: Plasma |
The DetectX® C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Human ELISA Kit quantitatively measures CRP levels in serum and plasma. The C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Human ELISA Kit is a sandwich ELISA with a run time of 2.5 hours. Please read the complete kit insert for more information before performing this assay. Use our provided CRP standard to generate a standard curve for the assay.
- Introduce standards or diluted samples into the included transparent microtiter plate pre-coated with mouse anti-human CRP.
- Add the peroxidase-conjugated human CRP antibody to each well.
- Incubate the covered plate at room temperature with shaking for 2 hours, facilitating the immunological reaction.
- After incubation, wash the plate to remove excess conjugated antibody.
- Add the TMB substrate, which interacts with the bound conjugate to produce a detectable signal.
- Measure the absorbance at 450nm using a plate reader and use the standard curve to determine CRP concentrations.
C-Reactive Protein (CRP) is a distinct ring-shaped, pentameric serum protein synthesized in the liver. It acts as an acute phase inflammation marker, with levels increasing in response to IL-6 signaling from T-cells, macrophages, and adipocytes. Elevated CRP levels indicate acute infections, tissue injuries, cardiovascular diseases, or chronic inflammatory conditions. Monitoring CRP levels is a standard procedure in medical diagnostics to evaluate the extent of inflammation in the body. Persistently high levels of CRP are associated with cardiovascular diseases and are considered a significant risk factor for atherosclerosis. Research shows that CRP may contribute to these conditions by affecting the inner linings of arteries, promoting plaque accumulation and instability.
The combination of CRP assessment with Myeloperoxidase measurements provides a more comprehensive and accurate prediction of mortality risk in cardiac patients. The DetectX® C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Human ELISA Kit is an important tool for clinical researchers in diagnosing and monitoring inflammatory conditions and cardiovascular diseases.