Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
- Assay Type Competitive ELISA
- Sample Types Cell Lysates, Urine, Plasma, Saliva, Tissue Culture Media
- Sensitivity 0.034 pmol/mL (Regular), 0.023 pmol/mL (Acetylated)
- Species Cyclic GMP is identical across species
- Assay Duration 16.5 Hours
- Samples/Plate 39 in Duplicate (Regular), 40 in Duplicate (Acetylated)
- Readout Chemiluminescent
- Standard Curve
Guanosine 3’, 5’-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic GMP; cGMP) is a critical and multifunctional second messenger present at levels typically 10-100 fold lower than cAMP in most tissues. Intracellular cGMP is formed by the action of the enzyme guanylate cyclase (GC) on GTP and degraded through phosphodiesterase hydrolysis. Guanylate cyclases are either soluble or membrane bound. Soluble GCs are nitric oxide responsive, whereas membrane bound GCs respond to hormones such as acetylcholine, insulin and oxytocin. Other chemicals like serotonin and histamine also cause an increase in cGMP levels. Cyclic GMP regulates cellular composition through cGMP-dependent kinase, cGMP-dependent ion channels or transporters, and through its hydrolytic degradation by phosphodiesterase.
This kit is multi-format and can detect both acetylated and non-acetylated cGMP in a variety of sample types.