Reach out! We’re available by email or phone and can answer all of your questions.
You can also reference the ordering page for more information.
- Sample Types Saliva, Urine, Water, Milk, Tissue Culture Media, Extracted Serum, Plasma (EDTA and Heparin), Fecal Extracts
- Species Levonorgestrel is identical across all species
- Time to Answer 1.5 Hours
- Sensitivity 2.20 pg/mL
- Samples/Kit 40 or 232 in Duplicate
- Stability Liquid 4˚C Stable Reagents, except the Conjugate at -20°C
- Readout Colorimetric, 450 nm
- Standard Curve
Levonorgestrel (LNG) is a synthetic steroid commonly used for contraception, treatment of dysmenorrhea, and for endometrial protection during estrogen replacement therapy in postmenopausal women. LNG has also been shown to be an effective treatment modality for a variety of gynecologic conditions including: heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, endometrial hyperplasia and early stage endometrial cancer. LNG is safe to use while breastfeeding and works by decreasing ovulation in addition to changing the mucus in the cervix to prevent the passage of sperm and altering the uterine lining. Quantitative measurement of LNG in biological samples can be useful for determining if target therapeutic concentrations are being met and maintained. LNG can also be measured in environmental samples using this kit. Environmental LNG can have toxic effects in aquatic ecosystems.